Friday, January 06, 2017

X-Zone Broadcast Network - A Retrospective, Sort Of


Yes, it's me... photo copyright
by Kevin Randle.
For this week’s show, I did provided what I think of as my mission statement, something of a retrospective on what has transpired over the last few months, some thoughts on where we might go in the next year, and then some comments on Roswell in the 21st Century. You can listen to it here:


1. Mission Statement –

This was a talk about a search for the truth, whatever that truth might be as opposed to what I wish to believe or others might wish to believe. It was about how some of the old, classic UFO reports have been solved by modern standards of research. For example, the Chiles – Whitted cigar-shaped UFO with square windows was most probably a bolide and that this was underscored by the Zond IV reentry nearly twenty years later. As it broke up, some believed they were seeing a cigar-shaped UFO while the majority of people recognized it for what it was.

2. Year in Review –

I started by discussing the Socorro UFO case and how guests Ben Moss and Tony Angiola had sparked an interest by some of the things they said during that program. I began to look into it carefully with a search for other witnesses that Ben and Tony talked about. While there is nothing in the police log to verify this, their existence was verified by Captain Richard Holder’s interview with the police dispatcher on the night of the sighting. He wrote, in his report also written that night that three calls had come into the police station.

And as you all know, they also sparked a discussion of the shape of the symbol on the craft seen by Lonnie Zamora and how it had been altered in some documents as a way to verify other sightings.

This led me to Carmon Marano who had been an officer with Project Blue Book. He explained the situation at Blue Book at the end of the project and provided some interesting insights into what was going in the late 1960s as the project wrapped up.

3. Preview –

I had also thought we would move into the paranormal as part of our search for A Different Perspective. This would include examining tales of Near Death Experiences. I mentioned a book I had done on the topic, how I came to write the book, my interviews with people who had experienced NDEs, and research at the U of I libraries.

I also mentioned the case of alien abduction that I had researched in the mid-1990s that evolved into the book Conversations, a book about past lives and serial killers and what I think as an interesting read (but, of course, I’m biased).

4. Roswell Recanted –

Since it had come up on other shows, and the question had been asked of me several times, I did talk about what is in Roswell in the 21st Century and how the information was gathered. Also talked about some of the discoveries in the cold case examination of the Roswell crash and some of the things that have been used to support the Roswell story that really tell us something else about the world in 1947.

Next week’s show: Colonel Charles Halt

Topic: Rendlesham Forest, of course…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Kevin;

Hope this year will be great for your show. I like that you will have Mr. Halt on the next show, he'll want to promote his book but please don't let him get away without repeating that Rendlesham had nothing to do with a lighthouse.

I would like to make a suggestion on a podcast or blog. I just saw a video on the Scole Experiment, it seems like an interesting study and if true is more than just a little unsettling. BTW, the Foys in that case are no relations of mine.

Unknown said...

Yes, more old cases reviewed with modern research. I wonder what Dr. MacDonald would say about the Chiles-Whitted case today? Wouldn't the simple comparison of the similarity that egg shaped craft by different people who were not influenced by each other crack this wide open (Levellend, Socorro, Maurice Masse incident, Vilas Boas case) and tons more?